To assist the Township Road Department in efficiently performing leaf collection services it is important that residents comply with the following procedures:
- Leaves will be picked up in two (2) pickup periods and at least one (1) pickup will be made on each roadway during each period. Residents may place their leaves along the edge of the roadway by 7am beginning on October 30th to November 3rd for the first pickup and by November 27 th to December 1st for the second pickup period, weather permitting. Leaf crews will continue making pickups throughout the first pickup period so please continue to get your leaves out. Note: Leaf crews will not return once they have provided one (1) pickup on your roadway during the 2nd pickup period which begins the Monday after Thanksgiving.
- All leaves must be contained in KRAFT biodegradable paper bags. ONLY KRAFT biodegradable bags will be picked-up curbside
- Brush must be no larger than 3” diameter tied in four (4) foot lengths
- Acceptable KRAFT type bags are available for purchase @ 40¢ each from The Sparta Library and Sparta Public Works Department, or at various retail outlets.
- Leaves make excellent compost. Please compost wherever possible. If you have a wooded section of your property, please consider blowing your leaves into this area.
- Residents may bring leaves to the Sussex County Municipal Utilities Authority (SCMUA) compost facility located at 34 NJ-94, Lafayette