Click the picture above to return to the home page
Help us eliminate the stigma! The Sparta Township Stigma Free Initiative is a town wide program that works to reduce the stigma surrounding mental illness. Sparta Township is a community dedicated to raising awareness about mental health and creating an outlet of support for our neighbors who suffer from this disease.
Inspire public interest and open dialogues about the conditions of mental health and addiction.
Provide the facts about these illnesses.
Provide information on local resources available so no individual feels hopeless or alone.
Establish a Stigma Free Community that fosters acceptance and understanding so people will be willing to reach out for help.
What is Stigma?
Stigma is defined as a mark of disgrace which results from judgment by another. When an individual is labeled they experience judgment and prejudice, leading to feelings of shame, embarrassment, distress, hopelessness, and reluctance to seek or accept help.
Click the picture above to learn more the Warning Signs
Take the Pledge
Click the image above to take the pledge!
- National Alliance on Mental Illness: Sussex Family-to-Family Course
- About: A free, evidence-based, 12 week program that helps family members and friends become advocates for their loved ones with mental health challenges while maintaining their own well-being.
- When: Thursdays 7:00pm- 9:30 pm, September 14th through December 7th, 2017
- Where: Bridgeway, 93 Stickles Pond Road, Newton, NJ 07860
- For more information regarding the event contact: Jeri (973-214-0632) or Nancy (973-875-5998)
St. Clare’s Behavioral Health:http://www.saintclares.com/News/Press-Releases/2017/April/Saint-Clares-Health-Launching-Public-Campaign-to.aspx
Mental Health First Aid:https://www.mentalhealthfirstaid.org/cs/take-a-course/find-a-course/
The Center for Prevention and Counseling: http://centerforprevention.org/?s=mental+health&submit=Search
National Alliance on Mental Illness HelpLine: https://www.nami.org/Find-Support/NAMI-HelpLine
For more information please call Lt. John Lamon at (973-726-4059) avaliable Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm or email firstname.lastname@example.org