| View Printable Documents --
SCOPE OF WORK
The Township of Sparta (hereinafter “the Township”) is requesting proposals for the appointment of the following services for the Township for a one year term, July 1 to June 30, in all matters pertaining to the service.
The selected Proposer (hereinafter referred to as “Consultant”) will be responsible for providing the following services to the Township:
1. Funding Needs Analysis – Work with Township Manager to facilitate meetings with Township departments to assess the validity of current funding priority areas, identify changes in funding priority areas, and identify new priority areas for possible funding:
2. Grant Funding Research - Conduct research to identify grant resources including, but not limited to, Federal, State, foundation, agencies and organizations that support the Township’s funding needs and priorities (emphasizing grants which require no “matching/minimal” funds), including, but not limited to:
a) Economic Development
b) Criminal Justice Technology Programs
c) Public Safety
d) Energy efficiency and sustainability
e) Infrastructure Development & Maintenance
f) Parks & Recreation programs
h) Senior, Family, and Youth programs
i) Historical Preservation
j) Multimodal transportation
k) Workforce Development
l) Records Management
3. On-Call Grant Research – In addition to the areas defined above, other areas may also be identified through the funding needs analysis process and throughout the duration of the contract. The Scope of Work may also include researching grant opportunities identified by the Township.
4. Grant Proposal Development – Provide general grant proposal writing services associated with the completion of grant applications on behalf of the Township, including the preparation of funding abstracts and production, and submittal of applications to funding sources. A copy of each grant application package submitted for funding, in its entirety, shall be provided to the Township on a flash drive.
5. Legislative Advocacy – Provide legislative advocacy services on behalf of Township by contacting legislators and legislative staff to promote Township Funding Applications.
6. Monthly Reports – the successful consultant shall submit monthly reports to the Township summarizing the amount of time expended, describe activities undertaken during the previous month, the status of those activities.